- Friday, February 22, 2019
Southern California Trails
Pineknot - #Pineknot
Socal - San Bernardino County - Big Bear Lake NickNames: #Pineknot
From Snow Summit take town trail up 2E08 to 2E10. At the intersection look for 1E01, Pineknot trail to Aspen Glen.
- 6 Updates
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Routes
- 0 Conditions
- 0 Checking in -
- Last update
- Trail UpdateUpper Section Good-Rode the upper section of Pine Knot from Grand View to the 2N08/2N17 area near Deer Campground on a Big Bear Vacation June 10th weekend. Good condition, pretty shady, a little sandy. Deer Campground has a toilet and seemed like a nice place to stay. If you take 1E01, definitely hit Grand View at the top. It is well worth it.
Steve K a 18 year old Weekend Warrior riding a Mongoose XR-100 from Cal Poly (San Luis Obispo), CA
- Trail UpdateSweet Ride-Rode on Saturday morning. (BTW- Looking for someone to ride with. Had bad accident the previous saturday at SART) Anyways, I park at Aspen picnic area and take mill creek rd to 2E10. THen stay on this all the way up to 1E01. Long ride with a good climb. Before heading down, you got take a 1/4 mile single track up to Grandview Point. Great resting spot. Then back down and you run right into Pineknot single track. In great condition. Not a whole lot of tech sections, but still a blast. There is one running water crossing (nothing hard) right now. Have fun!!
leathernuts a 32 year old Weekend Warrior riding a '06 Trek 4500 from Yucaipa, ca
- Trail UpdateCool Ride-This trail is in awesome conditions. Fun and fast...
I was there this weekend and we had RAIN and thunder storms. If you are in the area, check it out. We took the lift and came down through the village to Towne trail back to Snow Summit.
Ernman a 40 year old Cross-Country Rider riding a Giant - Reign 2 from Burbank, CA
- Trail Update1E01-A fun single tract, pretty good traction throughout except at the lower end. Not too technical, but a scenic nice single tract through the woods.
Ride rating: Intermediate
Turtleman a Weekend Warrior from Weir Canyon
- Trail UpdateGreat Riding!-Well, Mike Kim's trail description is two years old, but it's still spot-on, right down to the horsecrap and XC orientation. I'd go one further and say if you're on a DH bike and take this trail, you should wear your panties outside your skirt...
Someone has peeled off the USFS Bike stickers from the trailhead, where it crosses 2N08, but this is a scam/vandal: USFS has plenty of NO BIKE stickers, but they're not on there.
The singletrack is in very good shape right now, with very few breaking bumps and no majore silt/sand until you get down to the base where the horses are most concentrated.
Ride rating: Intermediate
Ride distance: 3.25 miles Elevation change:
EBasil riding a Manitou HT from San Diego
- Trail UpdatePineknot Trail-This is a real nice all singletrack trail in the Snow Summit area. It is a 3 mi trip down to town. To add some extra fun go to Grandview Point then down Pineknot. The top section is rolly pine tree heaven. There are some kicking tree root drops. The middle section has more trees and rocks. The bottom is horse crap filled and rocky. This is a great short downhill more suited for XC riders.
Mike Kim from Carlsbad