- Friday, June 09, 2023
Southern California Trails
- -> Los Angeles County(114)
- -> Little Tujunga Canyon(1)
- -> Oak Spring Trail (north Half)
Oak Spring Trail (north Half) - #OakSpringTrail(northHalf)
Socal - Los Angeles County - Little Tujunga Canyon NickNames: #OakSpringTrail(northHalf)
Get off the 210 at Osborne. Go north from the highway,
and turn left onto Osborne, which soon becomes Little
After about 3 miles, take a right onto Gold Creek Road.
Go up the hill and Oak Spring Trail is on the right.
- 2 Updates
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Routes
- 0 Conditions
- 0 Checking in -
- Last update
- Trail UpdateRecent Fire ...-...in this area burned close, but left Oak Spring Trail intact.The trail is in excellent shape and has started to gain some character back since being realigned with a Bobcat(Swenco)tractor. Watch out for poison oak on lower section.
- Trail UpdateOak Spring Trail-Oak Spring Trail goes steeply up to the Yerba Buena
fire road from the south and from the north.
The north side is about as steep a sustained climb as
I've ever been on. While only 2.3 miles, I made many
stops, usually leaning on my handlebars and panting
The trail looks like a singletrack widened by a bobcat at
some point. It is fairly wide, with no brush in the way.
The surface is mostly dirt, but waterbars and some
rocks add to the challenge.
It is a fun downhill on the return, steep but not terribly
exposed. There are ways to avoid the uphill by biking up
the Yerba Buena Fireroad from closer to the entrance of
Little Tujunga Canyon
Ride rating: Advanced
Ride distance: 4.6 miles Elevation change: 1500'
LCS a 34 year old Weekend Warrior from Los Angeles