- Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Southern California Trails
Indian Creek - #IndianCreek
Socal - San Diego County - Pine Valley NickNames: #IndianCreek
From San Diego travel east on I-8 about 35 or 40 miles to the Pine Valley Exit. Go north to Old Highway 80 and turn left (west). Travel about one mile and turn right on Pine Creek Rd. Look for and park at the Noble Canyon Trailhead in about 1.5 miles. Thomas Guide page 1237.
Grind up Pine Creek Road to the intersection with a dirt road, continue down dirt road approx. 2 miles, trail is on the right (left will take you into Rancho Cuyamaca State Park via East Mesa). Climb up trail to Champagne Pass, from the pass continue down the trail always staying to the right at any intersection until reaching Noble Canyon Trail. An alternate would be to go left at the pass on Pine Mtn Trail to Sunrise Highway then go left to Penny Pines to access Noble Canyon Trail.
- 4 Updates
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Routes
- 0 Conditions
- 0 Checking in -
- Last update
- Trail UpdateWe rode from Sunrise HWY to the 79. Using the Indian Creek trail to connect Noble Canyon to East Mesa fire road we found that the Indina Creek trail has improved some. Given it is a technical ride with MANY rock sections, the silty conditions from the fire have allowed some of the real tough sections to smooth out a little. The bush however is almost out of control! I came home with a huge smile and a couple of really scratched-up legs.
bobumpenhauer a 32 year old Cross-Country Rider riding a Secret Bike from Point Loma
- Trail UpdateTechnical Climb-I entered Indian Creek from Deer Park Road and rode west to noble canyon. The first half mile on this trail was not a pleasure. I personally had a rough time with hill starts and the loose rocks. I also sliced a tire on a rock during my ascent so that could be another reason why I didn't enjoy the constant starts and stops. However, after the trail leveled out a bit, it was fun. There were certainly some great views here.
Overall, I say ride it.
enderwiggin a 29 year old Weekend Warrior riding a Giant iguana
- Trail UpdateIndian Creek-I have ridden this trail numerous times and it is getting worse each time. because of the fire damage, this trail is getting more sandy and silty everyday. Give it a couple years to harden back up again
MYMTBR a 37 year old Cross-Country Rider riding a GARY FISHER SUGAR 4+ from TEMECULA
- Trail UpdateIndian Creek-Due to the Forest Closure Order Indian Creek/Pine Mtn Trail, including the dirt road at the cattle guard, is temporarily closed to the public.
Ride rating: Intermediate
Singletrack=80% Dirt Road=10% Paved Path=10%
Mark Costantino a Die-hard Enthusiast riding a Santa Cruz Heckler or Bullit URL: http://www.sdmba.com