- Sunday, December 08, 2019
Southern California Trails
Hollyhock & Gardenland - #Hollyhock&Gardenland
Socal - Los Angeles County - Brentwood NickNames: #Hollyhock&Gardenland
These are access roads from the back of Mandeville canyon. Hollyhock starts from Mandeville and climbs the east wall of the canyon bringing you to Kenter fire road north of the Mountaingate community. Gardenland starts on the same stretch of Mandeville and climbs the west wall taking you to Westridge fire road. These may be linked to traverse from one ridge to the other while avoiding dirt mulholland. Thomas Guide page: 591
- 4 Updates
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Routes
- 0 Conditions
- 0 Checking in -
- Last update
- Trail UpdateOh that's cool, I almost forgot about this one.
- Trail UpdateGardenLand To Nike To Whoops-Never knew this was here.Rode thise last week with my buddy Doug. We Took Mandeville almost to end and saw Gardenland on left . Parked car and rode through gate . Older service road switchback with 90% up hill. Brought us up to west ridge fire road and about .5 mile away from Nike. From whoops back was fun and fast but came across several dog's not on leashes but with owner's nearby. One big boy was not so happy to see me and gave chase for 30 -50 yards but I outran him and his owner was calling. Fun Time sucks that it's getting dark so early.
Dusty Joints a 37 year old riding a Intense M1 full tilt Oh ya with a Blower from Los angeles
- Trail UpdateHolly / Garden / W. Rdg / Suli-Just for a change, parked 4.3mi up Mandeville to start my ride at Gardenland. Worked my way up, topped out at Mulholland, worked west to Widow and surrounding areas. Then back east across top of W. Ridge to top of Kenter and then dropped down Hollyhock. All in all a short 14mi on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Trail / fire road conditions were perfect. Recent light rains and damp weather have brought the dust down and firmed up the terrain. Fun to start and explore familiar territory from a little different point.
Ride rating: Intermediate
Ride distance: 14 miles Elevation change:
Roll Da Bones a 35 year old Cross-Country Rider riding a YETI ARC & Ventana El Salt from Culver City URL: Fearless Descenders
- Trail UpdateHollyhock-This is a relatively new aquisiton by the SMMC and makes a great link to Kenter and the whoops. It was cleared of brush last year, and most of the huge wall of flowers was cleared with it.