- Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Southern California Trails
Charmlee Park - #CharmleePark
Socal - Los Angeles County - Malibu NickNames: #CharmleePark
From Los Angeles, take a drive up beautiful Pacific Coast Highway into Malibu, and a couple miles north of Zuma beach take a right on Encinal Canyon road. Proceed 4 miles and look for the park sign on your left, then find parking on your right at the park entrance. Thomas Guide page: 626
- 4 Updates
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Routes
- 0 Conditions
- 0 Checking in -
- Last update
- Trail UpdateCharmlee Park - Malibu-i went to this park a few weeks ago and couldnt really find a trail. lots of overgrown shrubs and weeds. can anyone help me. maybe i took a wrong turn somewhere.
dave a 25 year old Weekend Warrior from san fernando valley
- Trail UpdateThis is a short but fun trail with the a great view. The trail has many loops, overall it takes about 1.5 hours to hike, so it might be too short for biking.
Elevation: 1312 ft.
Ant Vance a 29 year old
- Trail UpdateFantastic View Of The Coast-I just went to Charmlee last weekend, It was good
fun and gorgeous. If your looking for an awesome
view, this is your place. I think in the spring it has to
be unbelievable. The view is the best part. As far
as the trails, you can do about an hour or so ride if
you ride down all the trails. There is one main trail
with a lot of short finger trails right off it. It is fun, but
if your looking for a consistent ride where you dont
have to turn around every 15 minutes this is not the
place. The conditions are good. Some parts are a
little loose and dry and some trails turn into hiking
trails. so be watchful. Overall though. A good time.
but wish it was longer
Ride rating: Novice
Singletrack=20% Dirt Road=50% Paved Path=5% Truck Trail=225%
John a 27 year old Weekend Warrior riding a Kona - Cindercone from Northridge, CA
- Trail UpdateVery Scenic Place-As my ever-expanding career as a hiker evolves, I find myself searching out new places in the SM mountains to facilitate this great hobby. I drove up the coast yesterday with no destination in mind, came upon the brown 'Charmlee Park' sign, and said, 'sounds good to me'. In my estimation, you gain about 2500 feet on the drive up to the park, so I hoped the views would be nice.
Once at the park entrance, you pay $3.00 in the box, and head into the visitor's center for a free map. This place is small, there's only a handful of trails totalling somewhere near 10 miles of total riding. But what this place lacks in size, it makes up for in landscape. You start out in the lot and make your way west through some oak groves until it opens up into a huge meadow that overlooks the ocean. Explore all trail options as it would be very hard to get lost, and the trails near on the west side offer insane views of the beach, kelp beds, point dume, etc.
So, if you're looking for a very quiet place, with little climbing, and great ocean views, Charmlee is worth a look. All trails are open to bikes.
Good luck to you.
Dusty Bottoms a Cross-Country Rider