- Friday, January 18, 2019
Southern California Trails
Laskey Mesa - #LaskeyMesa
Socal - Los Angeles County - Canoga Park NickNames: #LaskeyMesa
Park at end of Vanowen St (24400 W) at Sunset Ridge Ct, just west of Valley Circle Bl. Alternate parking at north end of Las Virgenes Rd, north of Ventura Fwy in Agoura.
- 5 Updates
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Routes
- 0 Conditions
- 0 Checking in -
- Last update
- Trail UpdateAwesome Ride 2day-Rode this trail today for about 12 miles. The trails are all in great shape. Great trails for a beginner. Fun, long , smooth downhills. The uphill climbs aren't that bad, definetely doable for a novice rider. Great scenery, everything is nice and green. A couple hikers, couple horses, but plenty of room to navigate on the trails. Fun, Fun times.
a Weekend Warrior riding a Jamis XCT 1.0 / Full suspension. from North Hills.
- Trail UpdateGreat Learning Trial-I've been doing all my training on this trail. Great for a beginner trying to step it up and getting those legs stronger. The rains this year have made some erosion on the Sunset Ridge Ct entrance in the narrow sections.
Some areas have also been abused by dirt bike riders and there tires. At least that's what I thought but I went riding on Wed 4/1 and I saw a guy riding in those miniature motorcycles.
Great beginner DH practice at the Victory St. entrance. I'm getting ballsier the more I ride this trail. Seen lots of friendly riders and have spoken to some. I'll see photographers and hikers also and all have been friendly and given me the right of way.
Oh yeah make sure you pay that 3 dollar toll because they'll give you a ticket. 3 dollars to 60 dollars is a big difference.
- Trail UpdateLaskey Mesa From Victory-The Victory trailhead is now open, but there is a 3-buck charge for the parking lot. Only two trails exist. El Escorpion isn't much, it's about a 30-45 minute ride at the most before you run out of trail. Take the main trail, which dumps you into Laskey Mesa and Ahmanson Ranch, you can connect with Cheese and other trails.
JasonLee a 28 year old Weekend Warrior riding a Trek Liquid 55
- Trail UpdateGreat Connections To Cheeseboro/-
We rode Lasky Mesa, but from the Las Virgenes Road trailhead, last month. This Ahmanson Ranch area now connects the Valley to Las Virgenes, Chesbro and the related China Flat rides, so you can trailhead in any of what, 4 or 5 locations, and access the entire network.
The Lasky Mesa section is certainly worth riding for the smooth climbs and fast double-track descents, not to mention the excellent views..not only of the Valley, but of the unmolested oak/grassland ranch that was saved from development. It makes for an excellent loop on another ride.
Ride rating: Intermediate
EBasil riding a Manitou HT-SS from San Diego
- Trail UpdateLaskey Mesa - Ahmanson Ranch-Just rode a newly opened trail from the west end of Vanowen Street to Laskey Mesa. About 3 1/4 miles one way with elevation gain of 400', a few mild uphill sections, mostly fire road and some single track to start out. Up on Laskey Mesa you get killer views of SF Valley and surrounding Simi Hills.
Ride rating: Novice
Ride distance: 3 miles Elevation change: 400'
Singletrack=30% Dirt Road=70%
Mikeh420 a 40 year old Weekend Warrior riding a Specialized Hardrock from Van Nuys, CA