|Piute Mountain Road - Walker Basin - Walker Basin Trailhead - Saturday, May 25, 2013|
|Piute Mountain Road - Walker Basin - Walker Basin - Kern County|
There are actually 2 good trailheads for the Piute Mountain Road.
1) The first, on the Walker Basin Road is east of the Caliente-Bodfish Road. From Tehachapi (east) or Bakersfield (west), take I-58 to the Caliente exit. Go north on the Caliente Road and make a left at the 'Y' intersection where the canyon narrows. Drive up and over the mountain and down into Walker Basin. At the intersection of the Walker Basin Road and the Bodfish Road, go right on the Walker Basin Road. Zig-zag through ranch and farm land and up a short hill to the Piute Mountain Road.
2) The second entry is from Jawbone Canyon near the Butterbredt Recreation Area. From Mojave, drive east on CA-14 to the Jawbone Canyon Road exit. There is a new visitors' center here, just east of the Jawbone Canyon Store (formerly Bonk's). Drive north on the Jawbone Canyon Road to its intersection with the Butterbredt Road and the Piute Mountain Road.
|Click on one of the tabs above or icons below to get all the details about this trailhead.|
Trailhead Updates, Conditions & Notes
- Here you will find out all about this trailhead. trail conditions, trail updates, trail messageboard.
Trailhead Routes & Trails
- Here we list direction of the local trails and routes you will find at this trailhead. If you don't see your route listed, select this then click add a trail and give us all the details.
All the Dirt Stories
- Have a story about this trail, click here and give us all the details. Tell us all about it and even add your photos, we make it easy. Add pics to the Trail Photo Album, then use them in your story.
Trailhead Photo Album
- Here is a Photo Album for this Trailhead. If you have pictures of this trail, click here to add as many as you want.
- Click here to return to the Trailhead Listing.